I am an experienced family solicitor, dealing with all aspects of family law, and I give practical, sensible and clear advice. Through my specialist work in fertility law, I understand that I am hugely privileged to be working with families on very sensitive matters, and my goal is always to minimize stress and provide invaluable support at what can be a very challenging time. My in-depth expertise in fertility work gives me a unique perspective on the challenges and needs of people who are building their families in non-traditional ways.
Areas of Expertise
All aspects of family law, including divorce and civil partnership dissolution, and disputes involving children.
- Domestic and international surrogacy
- Donor conception advice and disputes with known donors
- Co-parenting arrangements
- Declaration of parentage applications
- Posthumous conception
Recent Work Includes
- Representing parents who won an appeal paving the way for them to be able to use their late daughter’s eggs to conceive a grandchild, where the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority refused permission for the eggs to be exported for treatment.
- Representing a group of parents in their applications for Declarations of Parentage before the President of the Family Division in the High Court.
- Successfully obtaining parental orders for parents who have conceived children through surrogacy both in the UK and overseas.
- Representing parents who are in dispute with their known donors.
- Representing couples going through divorce and civil partnership dissolution, to include dealing with financial aspects of their separation, and matters involving children.
Recently Published Articles
- News article for BioNews publication about fertility fraud in the USA: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140142
- News article for BioNews publication: ‘Canadian citizenship quirk leaves surrogate-born twins stateless’: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140633
- News article for BioNews publications: 'Canadian man gets surrogate-born twins back after immigration row': https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140756
- News article for Huffington Post: 'Ten-year limits on storing frozen eggs are outdated and unfair' https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/egg-freezing-limits_uk_5c4b1c4fe4b0287e5b89e2bd
- News article for BioNews publication: ‘DNA test gets go-ahead to find out if fertility doctor used own sperm’ https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_141435
- News article for BioNews publication about the legal rights of embryos: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_142671
- Opinion piece for the Law Society Gazette on egg freezing: https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice-points/the-law-on-freezing-human-eggs/5069847.article
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in September 2011
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (College of Law)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Qualified Family Mediator with Resolution
- Member of Resolution
- Trustee of National Gamete Donation Trust