I am an experienced family solicitor, dealing with all aspects of family law, and I give practical, sensible and clear advice. Through my specialist work in fertility law, I understand that I am hugely privileged to be working with families on very sensitive matters, and my goal is always to minimize stress and provide invaluable support at what can be a very challenging time. My in-depth expertise in fertility work gives me a unique perspective on the challenges and needs of people who are building their families in non-traditional ways.
Areas of Expertise
All aspects of family law, including divorce and civil partnership dissolution, and disputes involving children.
- Domestic and international surrogacy
- Donor conception advice and disputes with known donors
- Co-parenting arrangements
- Declaration of parentage applications
- Posthumous conception
Recent Work Includes
- Representing parents who won an appeal paving the way for them to be able to use their late daughter’s eggs to conceive a grandchild, where the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority refused permission for the eggs to be exported for treatment.
- Representing a group of parents in their applications for Declarations of Parentage before the President of the Family Division in the High Court.
- Successfully obtaining parental orders for parents who have conceived children through surrogacy both in the UK and overseas.
- Representing parents who are in dispute with their known donors.
- Representing couples going through divorce and civil partnership dissolution, to include dealing with financial aspects of their separation, and matters involving children.
Recently Published Articles
News article for BioNews publication about fertility fraud in the USA: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140142
News article for BioNews publication: ‘Canadian citizenship quirk leaves surrogate-born twins stateless’: https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140633
News article for BioNews publications: 'Canadian man gets surrogate-born twins back after immigration row': https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140756
News article for Huffington Post: 'Ten-year limits on storing frozen eggs are outdated and unfair' https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/egg-freezing-limits_uk_5c4b1c4fe4b0287e5b89e2bd
New article for Huffington Post: 'IVF patients deserve to be treated with respect - and only treatments proven to work' https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ivf-treatment_uk_5c45c11ce4b0a8dbe1736070
News article for BioNews publication: ‘DNA test gets go-ahead to find out if fertility doctor used own sperm’ https://www.bionews.org.uk/page_141435
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in September 2011
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (College of Law)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Qualified Family Mediator with Resolution
- Member of Resolution
- Trustee of National Gamete Donation Trust