Partner & Solicitor
I am passionate about delivering an excellent client service being accessible, responsive and finding effective solutions tailored to the client’s needs.
Leading on corporate transactions, I will work closely with the other specialist teams within Ellis Jones to ensure clients receive quality legal advice in relation to the various different issues which arise during the transaction.
I have developed strong relationships with other professionals (such as accountants and tax advisers) who I work closely with to ensure clients are given best advice on the structure of the deal from the outset.
Areas of Expertise
I deal with non-contentious business related legal work covering companies, limited liability partnerships (LLP), partnerships (traditional) and sole traders. I have acted for a range of businesses from small owner managed to listed companies and high net worth individuals. My expertise includes:
- Corporate transactions involving disposals and acquisitions of companies by shares and businesses by asset sales and purchases – range of deal values from modest to circa £35 million
- Management buy-outs (MBO) including using Newco structure as acquirer of the target(s)
- Company purchase of own shares (CPOS) / Share Buy Backs.
- Company reorganisations
- Corporate restructures
- Shareholders agreements and related cross option agreements (re “keyman insurance”)
- Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Share Options, Scheme/Plan Rules and related documents
- Company Articles of Association, Board Minutes, Shareholder Resolutions Business joint ventures between companies and/or individuals
- Share issues and transfers
- Limited Liability Partnerships Agreement and Partnership Agreement (traditional partnership)
- Franchise agreements and related documents
- Licence agreements
- Loan agreements and related security documents
- Independent advice on director Personal Guarantees
- Supply of goods and services contracts ranging from complex high value LTC (long term contract) and across various sectors, including Information Technology (IT) and Aerospace
- Website development agreements
- IT support/maintenance service level agreements
- Standard terms and conditions of business – business to business, business to consumer – including website, in store, doorstep etc
Recent work includes
- Shares sale acting for selling shareholders- circa £2m deal value
- MBO acting for newco/management team – multi target companies – deal value circa £4m
- Company restructure via formation holdco and two stage capital reduction process
- EMI scheme and share options
- Various shareholder agreements
Professional Associations & Qualifications
- Solicitor (England & Wales), admitted 2001
- Attorney (South Africa), admitted 1998 (non practising since relocation to England 1999)
- Mentioned as a key lawyer in Legal 500 2022.