Armed Forces Covenant
Ellis Jones is proud to support our Armed Forces Community, and in pursuance of this is a proud signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
The key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant are that:
- No member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen; and
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
What Commitment has Ellis Jones Given?
Ellis Jones has pledged to support the Armed Forces Covenant, and has given various commitments to the Armed Forces Community, including (but not limited to):
- To promote the Armed Forces and our Covenant commitments;
- To work with Veterans in our recruitment process by welcoming applications from veterans, guaranteeing interviews to suitable candidates, and recognising military skills and qualifications;
- To work with Service Families by welcoming job applications from suitable individuals, partnering with Forces Families Jobs and Recruit For Spouses, and offering flexible leave before, during, and after a serving partner’s deployment;
- To support Reservists by encouraging Reserve service, supporting mobilisations and deployments, and granting an additional 10 paid days’ leave per year for reserve activities;
- To support the Cadet Forces by encouraging Cadet Force service, supporting cadet training events, and granting an additional 10 paid days’ leave per year for cadet activities;
- To support Armed Forces charities and national events; and
- To offer commercial support to the Armed Forces Community in the form of discounts.
A full copy of our Armed Forces Covenant pledges can be found here.
Who is the Armed Forces Community?
If you are a member of the armed forces (Regular, Reservist, or Cadet Force Adult Volunteer), a veteran, or a family member, Ellis Jones is committed to supporting you by way of the pledges and commitments provided within the Armed Forces Covenant.
Armed Forces Covenant Feedback Questionnaire
Please click here to complete our feedback survey to help Ellis Jones improve its support for Defence People.