I approach all matters diligently, and strive to provide clear, sensible, and practical advice to achieve the best possible outcome for my clients. I appreciate that civil disputes, regulatory investigations, and criminal prosecutions can be sensitive and stressful matters for many clients, which is why I adopt a straightforward, pragmatic, and pro-active approach to in representing my clients.
I take pride in delivering a high quality service to my clients in an efficient, professional, and timely manner, and work passionately to ensure client satisfaction not only with the quality of my work, but with the standard of my service.
Areas of Expertise
My practice deals with a range of legal matters across the areas of Dispute Resolution, Regulatory Law, and Crime.
I deal with all types of commercial litigation, with a particular expertise in:
• Contractual disputes;
• Intellectual Property disputes (including Trademark and Copyright disputes);
• Professional negligence;
• Debt recovery;
• Misrepresentation and civil fraud; and
• Property disputes.
I am able to assist with a range of regulatory investigations and disputes, including:
• DVLA medical revocation and licencing disputes;
• Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle licence appeals;
• Firearms and Shotgun licencing appeals and disputes;
• Health & Safety investigations and prosecutions;
• Local Authority and Trading Standards investigations and prosecutions;
• Customs and Excise investigations and seizures;
• Police Internal Investigations (including anti-corruption and IPCC); and
• Professional Discipline;
I deal with all forms of Criminal and Motoring defence including Police Station interviews and Court appearances, with particular expertise in:
• Road Traffic offences (speeding, careless/dangerous driving, drink/drug driving, etc);
• Sexual Offences;
• Assault (assault, battery, ABH and GBH);
• Harassment and Stalking; and
• Fraud and Financial Crime.
“A massive thank you to Conor Maher for the success of our case. I was always kept well informed of progress and was particularly pleased with the level of detail supplied throughout.”
“Great customer service every step of the process and always there to help. Would highly recommend. Thanks to Conor and the team.”
“Conor was very communicative from the start, provided me with good advice and kept my expectations realistic.”
“Never failed to answer my emails and telephone calls promptly, professionally, politely and to my satisfaction. My legal help was provided mainly by Conor who did not over-promise or under deliver in any way. The entire process was made considerably less stressful by Conor and his team and I would not hesitate to recommend them, in fact I already have.”
“Very quickly thought conversations with Conor things seemed to click into place and my case seemed strong. The total professionalism I have been privileged to be a part of was simply first class, and the preparation, accuracy, and positive support was second to none.”
“My sincere gratitude goes to Conor. Very efficient, understanding and supportive. I have kept my driving licence and the Police refunded my fines I paid.”
“Conor dealt with my case and kept me informed throughout, got the case dropped before the court date, and has now applied for a reimbursement of some of the costs and I look forward to that as an unexpected bonus.”
“It’s been a long journey but today we won. Conor dealt with my case and was worth every penny – I would genuinely recommend.”
My Route to Ellis Jones
I successfully completed my undergraduate degree in Law with European Legal Study at the University of Exeter, with advanced proficiency in Spanish, Law, and International Relations from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid, Spain. In 2017, whilst in my final year of University, I began working for a firm of specialist nation-wide Criminal Defence Solicitors based in South Devon, and continued with this firm working as a fee-earning paralegal for over 2 years, specialising in both Criminal and Regulatory Law. Whilst working in Criminal Law, I completed the Legal Practice Course with the University of Law, before starting with Ellis Jones. As part of my Training Contract, I gained experience in a number of departments including Banking & Finance Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property, and Crime.
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- LLB (Hons) Law with European Legal Study from the University of Exeter
- Law and International Relations (Erasmus) from Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- PgDip Legal Practice from the University of Law
- Member of the Bournemouth & District Law Society
- Treasurer of the Bournemouth & District Junior Lawyers Division