Wills, Trusts & Probate
I consider it to be a great privilege to be entrusted to deal with clients’ estate planning. Whether I am advising clients on tax planning, structuring their Wills to their individual needs, setting up trusts, or advising on Powers of Attorney, I ensure the needs of the client are met by giving clear and straightforward advice, whilst making sure clients are aware of wider implications which they may not have considered. In instances where there may be difficult family relationships, I ensure the risks of any family disagreement going forward are minimized through careful and sensitive advice.
I have wide experience of dealing with estates and affairs of landowners and farming clients, as well as administering estates involving overseas assets. I also have experience in advising families who have children suffering from learning difficulties on how to ensure those children’s affairs are protected going forward and am on a list of MENCAP recommended trust advisers.
Areas of Expertise
Administration of complex estates
- Advising landowners and farmers on estate planning to make use of Agricultural and Business reliefs from Inheritance Tax
- Advising on setting up Trusts to protect family wealth
- Advising families with children who have learning difficulties on Trusts
- Advising on and drafting of Wills
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications
Recent Work Includes
- Administration of client’s estate involving related agricultural trusts with assets exceeding £20 million and securing Agricultural Property Relief to substantially reduce Inheritance Tax for clients
- Dealing with several deceased client’s estates with worldwide assets, including investments and properties in South East Asia, Europe and United States
- Setting up trusts for clients with children with learning difficulties to ensure children can benefit financially via trusts at no risk to state funded care.
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2022) for Wills, Trusts & Probate.
- Recommended lawyer in Legal 500 2021 described as “approachable and knowledgeable”
- Member of STEP
- Panel Expert for Trusts for WSF
- Recommended by MENCAP as Trust Adviser
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Legal Executives