My aim is to provide clear and conscientious advice to all my clients to help them achieve the best possible outcome in their case. I am also mindful of the difficulties which can be experienced during a relationship breakdown and will take a pragmatic approach in order to minimise acrimony and costs.
Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Financial disputes arising from relationship breakdown including disputes over property, pensions and maintenance
- Disputes involving children including access, contact, choice of school, relocation and holidays
- Emergency Applications to protect children e.g. preventing them from being taken abroad
- Emergency Applications relating to Domestic Violence
- Relocation of Children inside and outside of England
- Child Abduction
- Financial Disputes between unmarried partners (i.e. cohabitee disputes)
- Cohabitation Agreements
I predominantly assist partners, Ian Butterworth and Katie Taft, in all aspects of their work.
I have assisted in the following cases:
- Representing parents of abducted children in the High Court
- Representing a client who had been subjected to significant domestic violence in a dispute over child arrangements
- Obtaining an Injunction against a violent ex partner to protect our client from further physical or emotional abuse
- Representing a father in his application for the child to live with him
- Negotiating financial settlements for a number of unmarried clients
My Route to Ellis Jones
I joined the Family Department at Ellis Jones in December 2012 after having worked at another local firm for 2 years. I began studying with CILEx in 2012 and have recently completed my CILEx Level 6 Qualification, specialising in Family Law. I expect to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2021/2022.
Professional Associations & Qualifications
- Gradate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- CILEx Level 6 Professional Higher Diploma in Law & Practice – Family Law – November 2020