Banking & Finance Litigation
I strive to deliver a proactive high quality service driven to provide you with a competitive edge in a constantly changing business environment.
I focus on giving clear and concise legal advice and always push to ‘think outside the box’ to create an innovative approach to meet your objectives.
Areas of Expertise
- Bank & Advisor misconduct claims.
- Claims surrounding restructuring and distressed sales.
- Consequential loss claims.
- Consumer credit disputes.
- Contractual claims.
- Debt recovery.
- Financial mis-selling claims, including:
- Interest Rate Hedging Products (Interest Rate Swaps, Interest Rate Collars, Interest Rate Caps);
- Mis-sold Pensions, including Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs);
- Tailored Business Loan and Commercial Fixed Rate Loans;
- Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) claims.
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) complaints.
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) complaints.
- FCA regulatory disputes.
- Personal and Commercial Banking issues.
- Professional negligence claims.
- Rate manipulation, including:
- Libor rate manipulation;
- Foreign exchange rate manipulation.
Recent Work Includes
- The Banking & Finance Team has worked on over 125 cases nationally involving care home owners, caravan park operators, hoteliers, pub owners and property developers on Interest Rate Hedging Product mis-selling cases alone (believed to be the 3rd largest case load of Interest Rate Hedging Product mis-selling in the UK). I was a valuable member of the team that successfully recovered sums in excess of £30million for our clients.
- Instructed by a large property developer in relation to a mis-sold Fixed Rate Loan and successfully reclaimed in excess of £200k through the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Acting for a number of clients in relation to their consequential loss claims resulting from mis-sold Interest Rate Hedging Products and successfully recovering substantial compensation for them.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in March 2016
- LLB (Hons) Law Degree from the University of Southampton
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the University of West England
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2017) for Commercial Litigation
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation
A great outcome thanks to Will Fox Bregman and Luke Baldwin who worked very hard to resolve matters on my behalf. I would thoroughly recommend this firm of solicitors.Mrs Hands
Many thanks for resolving our car dispute, as it was a worry to us. We did not think we would have a successful outcome, you advice was invaluable.Mr & Mrs Ryan