Whether I am drafting a Will or trust document or providing inheritance tax advice my aim is to deliver a swift and efficient service to my clients with the minimum jargon possible – impenetrable ‘legalese’ is a pet hate! It is really important to me that my clients end up with user-friendly documents which they can readily understand and I pride myself on always taking the time to explain the relevant law in a clear and concise way.
Areas of Expertise and Experience
I have over 6 years of experience including the following areas of work:-
- Wills for individuals, married or unmarried partners, clients with children from previous relationships & business owners
- Asset protection Wills including life interest trusts
- Estate planning to minimize inheritance tax liability
- Succession planning for business owners
- Lifetime trusts
- Deeds to vary trusts
- Trusts for disabled beneficiaries
- Personal injury trusts
- General Powers of Attorney
- Creating and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs), including commercial LPAs
- Registering Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPAs)
- Advance decisions to refuse treatment (Living Wills)
- Change of name deeds
Recent Work Includes
- Preparing Wills for business owners which include trusts to hold business interests
- Preparing Wills for spouses structured to maximize inheritance tax savings where one spouse has been previously widowed.
- Advising clients on lifetime gifting strategies to minimize inheritance tax
- Advising on care home fees
- Advising clients who do not wish their children to benefit in their Wills.
- Advising on business property relief from inheritance tax
- Advising clients with assets outside the UK
- Advising on lifetime trusts to hold property
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2019) being described as ‘extremely courteous’.
- Affiliate member of STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Bournemouth University (Distinction)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University London
- BA Joint Hons French & Spanish, Bristol University
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation
- Member of the Charity Law Association