I joined Ellis Jones from an in-house role where I travelled to Europe to negotiate high value, international contracts for a leading manufacturer in the oil and gas industry. Prior to this, I trained at a top regional firm in Southampton, but came to law later in life having worked as a publican for a local brewery.
I advise clients on a range of commercial matters but have a particular interest in e-commerce, commercial contracts, I.T and intellectual property. With regard to corporate and company matters, I have acted for businesses on a number of asset and share sales/purchases. I also advise clients on shareholders agreements, alphabet shares and share capital restructures.
Clients value the fact that I can offer such a wide area of practice. Clients also acknowledge my commercial background as I bring practical, day to day advice to the table, as well as my extensive legal knowledge.
Areas of Expertise
- Terms and conditions of trade (both business to business and business to consumer), international and domestic commercial contracts
- Advising on intellectual property rights – copyright, design right and trade mark advice and registrations
- Enforcing and defending claims of intellectual property infringement
- Drafting distribution and franchise agreements
- Company/Partnership formations/dissolution
- Asset/share sales and purchases
- Shareholder agreements and restructuring of share capital and the creation of alphabet shares
- Loan agreements and obtaining security for clients in consideration of a loan facility
- Drafting IT contracts such as software and mobile application agreements, website, domain names and e-commerce, SAAS/DAAS/VOIP
- Prize competition website advice
Experience, Professional Associations & Qualifications
- Promoted to Associate Solicitor in 2020
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2015
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Bournemouth University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- LLB (2:1) University of Southampton
- A part time lecturer at Bournemouth University teaching on the Legal Practice Course
We recently had cause to use Ellis Jones to re-draft a contract for a new job. It was proving to be quite long-winded. We chose to use Abigail Sinden, who is a contract law specialist. Abi approached the job with a superb, no-nonsense approach and is also very easy to work with. Abi has a very comprehensive knowledge of contract and business law, so was able to respond to queries and amendments with speed, and also undertake potentially awkward telephone calls with the customer to get the contract across the line. I can’t recommend Abi enough. If you need any sort of business law expertise, Abi is your solicitor!Mr Eyre
Delighted to find a Solicitor that truly combines sound legal advice with practical commercial sensitivity. Ellis Jones and Abigail Sinden responded extremely quickly and professionally to our request for input on an important commercial contract. Abigail was generous with her patience and time, and her excellent advice. Very fair fee that represented good value. Professional, personable, and highly responsive. I recommend Abigail and Ellis Jones very highly indeed and we will not hesitate to use them at every opportunity in the future.Mrs Tyler