I joined Ellis Jones from an in-house role where I travelled to Europe to negotiate high value, international contracts for a leading manufacturer in the oil and gas industry. Prior to this, I trained at a top regional firm in Southampton, but came to law later in life having worked as a publican for a local brewery.
I advise clients on a range of commercial matters but have a particular interest in e-commerce, commercial contracts, I.T and intellectual property. With regard to corporate and company matters, I have acted for businesses on a number of asset and share sales/purchases. I also advise clients on shareholders agreements, alphabet shares and share capital restructures.
Clients value the fact that I can offer such a wide area of practice. Clients also acknowledge my commercial background as I bring practical, day to day advice to the table, as well as my extensive legal knowledge.
Areas of Expertise
- Terms and conditions of trade (both business to business and business to consumer), international and domestic commercial contracts
- Advising on intellectual property rights – copyright, design right and trade mark advice and registrations
- Enforcing and defending claims of intellectual property infringement
- Drafting distribution and franchise agreements
- Company/Partnership formations/dissolution
- Asset/share sales and purchases
- Shareholder agreements and restructuring of share capital and the creation of alphabet shares
- Loan agreements and obtaining security for clients in consideration of a loan facility
- Drafting IT contracts such as software and mobile application agreements, website, domain names and e-commerce, SAAS/DAAS/VOIP
Experience, Professional Associations & Qualifications
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 2015
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Bournemouth University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- LLB (2:1) University of Southampton
- A part time lecturer at Bournemouth University teaching on the Legal Practice Course