I seek to provide clear and constructive legal advice to achieve the best possible outcome in every case. I appreciate that the resolution of disputes must be considered with regard to both the legal merits and commerciality of each matter. With this approach, I enable decisions to be made on an informed basis and seek to resolve matters, where possible, without the need to involve the Court.
Areas of Expertise
I deal with all types of commercial litigation, with a particular expertise in:-
- Contractual disputes;
- Professional negligence claims;
- Landlord and tenant disputes;
- Debt recovery;
- Contentious trusts and probate matters (including Will disputes);
- Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims;
- Judicial Review/Statutory Challenge regards planning decisions;
- Restrictive covenant disputes;
- Prevention of Enforcement Proceedings (bailiff action); and
- Removal/ Set Aside of County Court Judgments.
Recent Work Includes
- Advising upon the removal/ set aside of default County Court Judgments. Successful in achieving set aside by consent for a significant number of clients.
- Defending a claim for damages in relation to the quality of building works. Settlement reached without the issue of proceedings.
- Successful in a matter involving the statutory rejection of defective goods, which resulted in a full refund for the value of the goods.
- Advising upon the modification/discharge of a restriction (restrictive covenant) affecting the development of property.
- Assisting in successfully defending a Judicial Review claim in respect of planning permission.
- Assisting in bringing a successful Judicial Review claim in respect of planning permission, the result being that the planning decision was overturned.
- Acting in an assistant solicitor capacity in respect of Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
- Successfully obtaining the suspension (removal) of a Writ of Enforcement (bailiff action) and a contribution towards my client’s legal costs.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in March 2017
- First Class LL.B (HONS) Law Degree
- Distinction in the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Member of Bournemouth and District Junior Lawyers Division
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation.
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Contentious Trusts and Probate –being described as 'Streets ahead'.
- Winner of the Dorset Legal Awards 2019 'Rising Star of the Year'.