01202 525333
Make An Enquiry

Child Arrangement Orders

Our Children Solicitors having dealt with countless cases access, contact and who a child should live with are in dispute. We are therefore well placed to advise you in respect of the approach the Court would likely take in the event of a dispute.

A Child Arrangements Order determines who the child is to live with and/or who the child will spend time with. This was commonly referred to as “child custody” or “child access”.

Child Arrangement Orders can be granted to more than one person and are not limited to parents. These orders can also be granted to grandparents, step parents or other adults caring for children.

A Child Arrangements Order (previously referred to a residence orders) provides that the child who lives with mum, dad or a grandparent. That person will automatically have parental responsibility and will be allowed to take a child abroad for up to a month. For those parents who the child does not live with, the Court can order daytime visits with the child as well as overnight stays, holidays and communication by telephone or email. A Child Arrangements Order can also provide for a child to live with both parents who have shared care.

Need Advice?
Our Calculators

We have a number of calculators designed to help you get the information you need.
For more details, choose one of the links below.