Moving Children Abroad

Following relationship break down, one parent may want to relocate their children to either another Country or another area of England or Wales. However, children cannot be moved without the agreement of the other parent or permission of the Court.

In the case of removal to another Country (including Scotland or Ireland) a parent will make an application for “Leave to Remove” the child(ren) abroad. In the case of relocation within England and Wales an application will be made for a Specific Issue Order.

Given the significant consequences of either successfully making or defending an application of this type, parents will require highly specialist legal advice. We have considerable experience in this field having successfully represented a number of Applicant and Respondent parents. We have successfully represented many clients in these complex and important applications. Katie Taft represented an applicant mother in her application to remove her child in the leading Court of Appeal case Re F (A Child) [2012] EWCA Civ 1364.

Our specialist knowledge in the field of the International Movement of Children and Child Abduction enables us to advise on not only the prospects of success of each application but also the practical and legal implications of relocation including what happens if Orders are not complied with.

Here to help

Our specialist teams can provide full service legal advice and assistance, providing practical and cost-effective solutions.

Our offices

302 Charminster Road Bournemouth Dorset BH8 9RU
01202 525333 Contact
Office 320 107 – 111 Fleet Street London EC4A 2AB
02039 784720 Contact
14a Haven RoadCanford Cliffs, Poole Dorset BH13 7LP
01202 709898 Contact
Monmouth Court Southampton Road, Ringwood Hampshire BH24 1HE
01425 484848 Contact
55 High Street Swanage Dorset BH19 2LT
01929 422233 Contact
39a East Street Wimborne Dorset BH21 1DX
01202 057676 Contact