Appeals from the Magistrates Court

If your case was dealt with in the Magistrates Court, you can always appeal to the Crown Court against conviction or sentence. In deciding whether to allow your appeal, the Magistrates together with a Judge will consider you case afresh, right from the beginning.

There is a strict 21 day deadline for you to appeal against conviction or sentence. Unreasonable delay is likely to affect the Crown Court’s decision to allow you to make the appeal.

The appeal would be a retrial before a different set of Magistrates and a Judge at the Crown Court.

If having appealed to the Crown Court, if still dissatisfied with your conviction or sentence, you could go the Court of Appeal, subject to having permission to do so from a High Court Judge.

If you wish to appeal against your conviction or sentence and would like to discuss your options and obtain legal advice, please contact our legal experts to arrange a reduced fee initial meeting.

Here to help

Our specialist teams can provide full service legal advice and assistance, providing practical and cost-effective solutions.

Our offices

302 Charminster Road Bournemouth Dorset BH8 9RU
01202 525333 Contact
Office 320 107 – 111 Fleet Street London EC4A 2AB
02039 784720 Contact
14a Haven RoadCanford Cliffs, Poole Dorset BH13 7LP
01202 709898 Contact
Monmouth Court Southampton Road, Ringwood Hampshire BH24 1HE
01425 484848 Contact
55 High Street Swanage Dorset BH19 2LT
01929 422233 Contact
39a East Street Wimborne Dorset BH21 1DX
01202 057676 Contact