Appeals from the Crown Court

If your case was dealt with in the Crown Court, you may be able to appeal against conviction or sentence or both to the Court of Appeal.

However, in order to appeal to the Court of Appeal, you must first obtain permission. You must request permission to appeal within 28 days of conviction or sentence.

You are only able to appeal against conviction if the conviction is “unsafe”. A conviction can be deemed unsafe for a variety of reasons including an error in law, a material procedural error during trial or in light of new evidence in support of your case.

You are only able to appeal against sentence if it is wrong in law or deemed manifestly excessive.

If you wish to appeal against your conviction or sentence and would like to discuss your options and obtain legal advice, please contact our legal experts to arrange a reduced fee initial meeting.

Here to help

Our specialist teams can provide full service legal advice and assistance, providing practical and cost-effective solutions.

Our offices

302 Charminster Road Bournemouth Dorset BH8 9RU
01202 525333 Contact
Office 320 107 – 111 Fleet Street London EC4A 2AB
02039 784720 Contact
14a Haven RoadCanford Cliffs, Poole Dorset BH13 7LP
01202 709898 Contact
Monmouth Court Southampton Road, Ringwood Hampshire BH24 1HE
01425 484848 Contact
55 High Street Swanage Dorset BH19 2LT
01929 422233 Contact
39a East Street Wimborne Dorset BH21 1DX
01202 057676 Contact