There are a number of specialist organisations able to offer support for problem gambling, if you feel that gambling may be causing you to spend beyond your means, fall into debt, and/or is affecting your mental health.
Some key organisations are as follows:
- GamCare – an independent charity which provides information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling across England, Scotland and Wales.
- GamStop – the UK’s gambling self-exclusion scheme.
- BigDeal– GamCare’s website for young people.
- StepChange Debt Charity – debt counselling and advice for managing debt.
- National Debtline – advice for managing debt.
- NHS resources on gambling
- Gamblers Anonymous and Gam-Anon – local support groups to help problem gamblers with recovery from addiction, plus support groups for friends and family.
The Responsible Gambling website also has an extensive list of support sources for those in need, which we would strongly recommend that anyone with a potential gambling problem considers.