Acas Early conciliation is working to reduce tribunal claims – 6 months on?
Yesterday Acas published the figures which show that early conciliation is working. Please click here to view these figures.
From 6th May 2014 all employees wishing to bring a claim against their employer in the employment tribunal must first attempt early conciliation through Acas. For details on this process, please see my earlier blog.
How many people have used early conciliation between April and September 2014?
- There have been a total of 37,404 early conciliation notifications;
- 36,162 from employees and 1,242 from employers. This means that less than 3.5% of notifications are from employers.
How many people rejected the offer of early conciliation?
- 10% of employees (3,783) – once the employee has initiated early conciliation they can still say that they do not want the employer to be contacted, this means they will still get the all important early conciliation certificate;
- 10% of employers (3,727).
For the cases initiated between April and June at present the figures show the following:
- 18% ended up in a settlement through Acas (a COT3 agreement);
- 58% did not progress to a tribunal claim;
- 25% ended up in a tribunal claim.
If you require any further information on early conciliation or tribunal claims please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can we help?
When you submit this form an email will be sent to the relevant department who will contact you within 48 hours. If you require urgent advice please call 01202 525333.