Technology, IT & Software
Technology has become a necessity in all modern business and the role it plays is only set to increase in the future. Whether you are a supplier or user of software and IT services it is essential that you understand the risks and protect your rights in respect of ownership, use and liability.
Traditional terms and conditions for the sale of goods and services are not fit for purpose when it comes to IT as they often neglect key issues such as maintenance, support, down-time, intellectual property and licencing. Our expert technology lawyers have a real passion for technology and support our tech industry clients in all aspects of commercial law from preparing and negotiating contracts on their behalf to buying and selling businesses.
Our clients include software developers, web hosts, designers, IT service providers, engineers, digital marketers, radio-frequency equipment manufacturers and software as a service providers (SaaS).
Recent work for those clients has included:
- Negotiating terms and conditions on their behalf with their customers legal advisers
- IT Service and service level agreements
- Software and Hardware maintenance contracts
- Software licences
- Website terms and policies
- Mobile app development agreement and licence
- Software development agreements
- Web hosting terms and conditions
- Content Management System (CMS) licences
- End user license agreements (EULA) for mobile applications and desktop software
- Terms and conditions for the lease of hardware and license of software as a combined product
- Preparing terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services through websites to both businesses and consumers (Consumer Rights Act 2015 compliant)
- Sale and acquisition of online businesses
Our technology lawyers offer a free no obligation meeting to give us an opportunity to meet each other and explore the ways in which we may be able to assist you and your business.