My work involves primarily supporting Neil Cook, Head of the Business Services Department and Hugh Craig, Consultant Solicitor, who also is in the Business Services Department. I am the initial point of contact with all new client enquiries. I aim to work in a professional and efficient manner in completing my workload and dealing with clients.
Areas of expertise
- Assisting with the drafting/ amending of various agreements i.e. Shareholders Agreements, Partnership Agreements etc.
- Assisting with the drafting of Stock Transfer/ Share Forms and forwarding them onto Companies House
- Dealing with Company Secretarial Matters i.e. appointing/removing directors/shareholders and filing annual returns at Companies House
My Route to Ellis Jones
I successfully completed my law degree at the University of the West of England before taking a break from studying to go travelling throughout Asia and Australia. Upon my return I enrolled on the Legal Practice Course at Bournemouth University, where I studied whilst working in a Lettings Agency. After completing the LPC in 2010 I continued to work in the Lettings Industry where I progressed up through the company whilst still searching for a legal position and in September 2015 I joined Ellis Jones as a Secretary.
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- LLB (Hons) Law Degree from University of the West of England
- LPC Postgraduate Diploma with Commendation from Bournemouth University