Mental Health Awareness at Ellis Jones
It is in everyone’s best interest to support employees through mental ill health and create a working environment where symptoms are recognised and certainly not made to be worse.
As a firm we are aware that the legal profession can be extremely pressured when dealing with clients and colleagues at very stressful times of their lives. We are committed to raising awareness and supporting our staff.
We have decided to take the following steps:
– Raise awareness of mental health and be aware and mindful in our approach towards staff;
– Put in place processes to monitor sickness absences and support staff on return to work;
– Support World Mental Health Day on 10th October 2018 in order to raise awareness;
– Invite staff to share experiences of mental ill health;
– Put up posters and information around our offices to raise awareness, show commitment and provide information to our staff about where to get help;
– Provide access to employee assistance schemes and other places that they can get help and support;
– Training for managers and staff;
– Work towards training mental health first aiders.
We have found a wealth of information on the following websites which can also provide additional support for staff, please click the links below to find out more: