Ellis Jones has many values and behaviours that it cherishes. The values chosen, which are considered to be the most important, complement each other and have been termed our ‘Core Values’.
The Firm is distinctive and, as it grows, we wish to preserve and build on the culture that makes it successful. Living our Core Values helps us to achieve this.
Our Core Values represent the beliefs, attitudes and standards that the Firm is committed to upholding now and in the future. They describe what the Firm stands for and are there to guide day-to-day decisions and actions.
How our Core Values are used
The Core Values are used by the Firm in various ways, including:
- As a guide to behaviour in all situations
- When taking and implementing decisions
- When developing our people
- When providing feedback to others
- To help reinforce the culture of the Firm and as a means of positioning it to help win new work, recruit new people and drive performance
Our four Core Values are:
Building Strong Relationships
- Our dealings with clients, contacts and colleagues are more than temporary activities and interactions.
- We aim to build long-lasting, supportive relationships, based on trust and mutual respect.
- We care about the success of our clients and achieving the best outcome for them.
- We are open and straightforward in all our working relationships.
Providing mutual support
- We treat each other with respect and understanding.
- We willingly offer and provide help to each other.
- We openly share: ideas, knowledge, resources, problems and opportunities.
- We avoid a blame culture.
- We have a strong sense of responsibility to the Firm, its clients and our colleagues.
- We take personal responsibility for, and ownership of, our behaviours and actions.
- We make sure we understand what is expected of us and then ‘get on with it’.
- We treat each other as equals.
Positive Working Environment
- We maintain a positive attitude.
- We prize enthusiasm.
- We adopt a friendly and professional approach, ensuring that our clients, contacts and colleagues enjoy dealing with us.
- We respect our individuality and that ‘everyone is different’.