Our specialist whiplash injury solicitors have recovered millions of pounds in compensation for clients who have sustained whiplash personal injuries. Our solicitors have significant experience in dealing with minor injury claims through to catastrophic life changing injury claims.
You may well have sustained a whiplash injury to your neck. Whiplash is the term that describes a neck injury caused by a sudden movement of the head forwards, backwards or sideways, the results of which can sometimes be very painful.
You can claim compensation for whiplash if you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian or passenger in a bus, coach, or taxi. You do not have to use the lawyers that your motor insurers refer you to.
Why should I use Ellis Jones solicitors and not my insurers’ solicitors to deal with my claim?
- We will deal with your claim with no cost to you.
- We will make sure you get the rehabilitation you require before we look at settling your claim.
- We will meet with you and talk you through the claims process.
- We will make sure that you get the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
- A lawyer appointed by your insurers will rush your claim through so that they get paid. This may result in under settling your claim. We will deal with your claim so that you receive the maximum compensation.
Contact our No Win, No Fee whiplash injury solicitors for a free consultation.
How much compensation for whiplash with physiotherapy?
A whiplash claim with physiotherapy amount to be claimed varies depending on the severity of the whiplash injury. The usual categories for these injuries are mild, moderate, and severe. The amount to be claimed rises with the severity of injury incurred. Mild injuries include neck pain for a few weeks, moderate whiplash entails neck pain and recurring neck pain for a few years, and severe injury includes neck pain and permanent damage to the cervical spine. Below are some of the claim amounts for minor injuries based upon the JC Guidelines, this is provided as a rough guide only:
- Where a full recovery takes place within a period of about one to two years. This bracket will also apply to short-term acceleration and/or exacerbation injuries, usually between one to two years.
£3,810 to £6,920
- Where a full recovery takes place between three months and a year. This bracket will also apply to very short-term acceleration and/or exacerbation injuries, usually less than one year.
£2,150 to £3,810
- Where a full recovery is made within three months.
Up to £2,150
How to claim compensation for Whiplash?
Whiplash is caused by a sudden jolt or stretching of the neck that damages the ligaments and most commonly occurs in road traffic accidents or any other accident causing a sharp jolting movement.
Common whiplash symptoms can include;
- Headaches, occasionally with blurred vision and fatigue
- Aching and stiffness when moving or turning the neck
- Swelling and inflammation
- Pain in shoulders, arms or the back, radiating down from the neck
- Dizziness and nausea
If you have suffered from whiplash in the last three years in an accident that wasn’t your fault our specialist team of highly experienced solicitors can help. We can claim for compensation for your injury, cost of time off work, medical treatment and other accident related expenses.