With over 27 million people in Britain having an interest in the equestrian industry in 2019, it’s fair to say that horses play an important part in our modern culture. The estimated horse population in Britain alone stands at 847,000 and there are 1.8 million regular riders (a 0.5 million increase since 2015); the numbers speak for themselves.
The equestrian sector is consistently growing year on year and this growth highlights the need for equine legal advisors who have knowledge and experience of the industry. Here at Ellis Jones, we recognise the need for specific, tailored advice for a constantly expanding and evolving industry.
As a result of our solicitor’s extensive experience in the equine world, they are perfectly placed to advise on equine legal matters or matters incidental to the equine world, including:
- Commercial disputes;
- Disputes as to ownership;
- Disputes relating to loans, part-loans, agreements;
- Disputes as to grazing and stabling agreements;
- Mis-selling/ misrepresentation of horses;
- Breaches of agreement;
- Equine disputes with saddlers, farriers and other professionals.
Please find further information on our Equine Law service below: