Road Traffic Accidents

Our specialist road traffic solicitors have recovered millions of pounds in compensation for road traffic accident clients. You can claim compensation for car accident injuries if you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian or passenger in a bus, coach or taxi. You do not have to use the solicitors that your motor insurers refer you to.

Our solicitors have significant experience in dealing with minor injury claims through to catastrophic life changing injury claims. Providing immediate free legal advice and rehabilitation support. We have links with local and national physiotherapists and chiropractors. We can arrange free treatment for you and speed up your recovery. We will help you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries and financial losses.

Our road traffic solicitors on the Law Society’s Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme, Members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and the Motor Accidents Solicitors Society (MASS).

Why should I use Ellis Jones and not my insurers’ solicitors to deal with my claim?

  • We will deal with your claim at no cost to you.
  • We will make sure you get the rehabilitation you require before we look at settling your claim.
  • We will meet with you and talk you through the claims process.
  • We will make sure that you get the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
  • A solicitor appointed by your insurer will rush your claim through so that they get paid. This may result in you under settling your claim. We will deal with your claim so that you receive the maximum compensation.

Contact our No Win, No Fee road traffic solicitors now for a free consultation.


What is declared a road traffic accident?

The law defines a Road Traffic Collision as a collision that involved a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or in a public area which causes:

Injury or damage to a person other than the vehicle driver

Injury or damage to any animal

Damage to another vehicle – other than that of the vehicle causing the collision

Damage to property constructed on, affixed to, growing in, or otherwise forming part of the land where the road is

How much compensation can I get for a road traffic accident?

There is no set compensation award for a road traffic accident. People can be injured in many different ways with injuries of varying severity ranging from £1,000.00 to £100,000.00 or even millions.

There are government guidelines called Judicial College Guidelines which set out bracket values for specific injuries, this can be used to help calculate the level of damages you will be awarded. Aside from this aspect of your claim you will also be able to claim for any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the accident, which could include loss of earnings and medical treatment fees.

How long do you have to report a road traffic accident?

If you are involved in an accident causing damage or injury to a person, another vehicle, property or an animal it is always advisable to stop and provide the other party with your vehicle registration, name and address and likewise obtain the other parties details.

These details will be necessary later down the line should you need to make a claim, we can use the other parties vehicle registration to get in touch with their insurers. You may not be aware at the time of the accident of the full extent of your injuries, for example whiplash injuries can take hours, sometimes days to present themselves.

If for any reason you do not exchange details you should always report the accident to the police within 24 hours. If you don’t exchange details at the scene, or report the incident to the police, it could result in one of two offences; failure to stop and failure to report an accident.

Here to help

Our specialist teams can provide full service legal advice and assistance, providing practical and cost-effective solutions.

Our offices

302 Charminster Road
01202 525333 Contact
Office 320 107 – 111 Fleet Street
02039 784720 Contact
14a Haven Road
Canford Cliffs
BH13 7LP
01202 709898 Contact
Monmouth Court
Southampton Road
BH24 1HE
01425 484848 Contact
55 High Street
BH19 2LT
01929 422233 Contact
39a East Street
BH21 1DX
01202 057676 Contact