William Fox Bregman
My philosophy is to provide a city service at a regional cost.
I work hard for the firm’s clients ensuring their objective is always achieved, with a proportionate and pragmatic approach.
Areas of Expertise
- Banking & Financial litigation
- Commercial restructuring
- High value litigation & complex finance disputes
- Contractual disputes and FCA regulatory issues
- Civil fraud
- Film scheme and other tax planning mis-selling claims
- Disputing and defending demands for tax payment from HMRC, including ‘Accelerated Payment Notices’ (“APNs”)
Recent Work Includes
- Founder of the Banking & Finance Department which has recovered over £55m for clients nationally
- Having conduct of over 100 financial and rate swap mis-selling claims
- Advising on over 20 High Court Injunction Applications with a 100% success rate
- Actively progressing a £4m LIBOR manipulation claim through the London High Court
- Representing a number of national clients in claims against their banks
- Successfully recovering over £2m for clients who have been mis-sold Fixed Rate Loans or Tailored Business Loans
- Advising a local property developer on a £10m mis-sold Life Insurance Policy
- Advising on; high value restructuring, preventing foreclosure, protecting assets and employees
- Progressing a number of claims through the IRHP Review and the Financial Ombudsmen Service
- Recovering £168,000 for a local property developer in a Consequential Loss Claim in the IRHP Review
- Advising on mis-sold tax schemes to High Net Worth Individuals
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in March 2009
- Became Partner of the firm in 2013
- LLB Law Degree
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Guildford College of Law
- Recommended lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2020) described as 'experienced in the banking and finance space'.
- Ranked as a Leading Individual by The Legal 500 (UK 2019) described as ‘a highly respected practitioner in claims against banks’.
- Recommended lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2017) being described as having a 'wealth of experience in banking and finance litigation’
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation