As a member of two national family law committees, I aim to deal with all matters in an amicable and constructive manner. More specifically, I use my knowledge and experience to assess the relevant issues at an early stage and then I try to negotiate a fair settlement without the parties having to attend Court. If and when necessary, however, I will use my skills as a litigator in order to secure a just result. I have a forensic eye for detail and an excellent track record at Court.
I am a member of the Resolution Specialist Accreditation Committee which provides oversight, strategy and direction for all of Resolution's accreditation schemes. These are the benchmark of excellence for family lawyers. I am also a member of the Skills and Support working party which creates, manages and delivers skills courses for family lawyers nationwide.
Subject to commitments, I am happy to meet with clients at this firm’s offices in Wimborne, Christchurch and Ringwood.
Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of divorce and civil partnership dissolutions
- Complex financial disputes between separating spouses/civil partners
- Financial disputes between unmarried couples (i.e. cohabitee disputes)
- Applications to vary, discharge and set aside financial orders
- Applications for Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders (i.e. to prevent harassment/domestic abuse)
- Child maintenance disputes
- Cohabitation agreements
- Children issues
Recent Work Includes
- Representing a client in matrimonial finance proceedings whose spouse had failed to disclose a number of valuable assets in both the UK and abroad. My forensic analysis and attention to detail led to assets totalling over £1m being added to the parties’ balance sheet.
- Acting for a client in divorce proceedings based in the Central Family Court in London where the main asset was the family business. My approach led to this company (which supposedly did not have any value) being valued at well over £1m. My client also secured a substantial ‘joint lives’ maintenance order.
- Representing a client on a successful application to discharge a ‘joint lives’ spousal maintenance order and to secure a full clean break.
- Successfully challenging the terms of a pre-nuptial agreement within proceedings heard at the Central Family Court in London.
- Acting for clients living outside of the UK who had been joined to their brother’s divorce proceedings due to a dispute concerning their interest in the former matrimonial home. I have also acted for adult children and parents within proceedings to which they have been joined.
- Negotiating financial settlements for a number of unmarried clients where the extent of their respective interests in the former family home is in dispute.
- Representing clients in cases involving valuable NHS, Armed Forces, Civil Service and final salary (defined benefit) pensions. This includes income-gap issues.
- Acting for a client on a successful application for permission to relocate to another country with their children.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a Solicitor in September 2010
- Made a Senior Associate at Ellis Jones in January 2018
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2019) for matrimonial finance cases
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 (UK 2017) for matrimonial finance disputes
- Resolution Accredited Specialist in Complex Financial Cases
- Member of the Resolution Specialist Accreditation Committee (national)
- Member of the Resolution Skills and Support Working Party (national)
- LLB Law Degree from the University of Surrey (obtained in 2006)
- Passed Solicitors Finals with Distinction at the University of the West of England, Bristol (2008)