I take a direct and honest approach to my work, which allows me to give clients clear and practical advice in what can often be difficult and/or stressful situations. My aim is always to reach the best possible commercial resolution to a matter, as efficiently as possible.
I act on a diverse range of legal matters with particular specialisms in commercial disputes and banking and finance litigation, to include mis-sold mortgages and other financial products, and professional negligence claims.
I continually monitor new developments in the law, particularly within the business and financial sector, in order to ensure that I am able to provide clients with relevant advice that reflects the current state of the law. I also aim to pick up trends in various claims, for example a potential trend in mis-sold second charge mortgage claims against FirstPlus Financial Group.
Area of Expertise
Banking and Finance Litigation
I specialise in a wide variety of banking and finance disputes concerning individuals and companies, including claims which relate to the following:-
- Financial product mis-selling, to include in particular mortgage mis-selling
- Negligent advice by banks and other financial advisors;
- Breaches of loan agreements, contracts or other debt instruments by financial institutions;
- RBS/Global Restructuring Group (GRG) claims and complaints to the Bank, the Financial Ombudsman Service and via the RBS GRG Redress Scheme;
- Consequential loss claims;
- Loan and overdraft disputes.
I also specialise in commercial litigation, including claims involving:-
- Contractual disputes (e.g. breach of contract);
- Consumer rights and consumer credit/finance issues (e.g. in relation to the sale and supply of goods and services and consumer finance agreements);
- Professional negligence.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in September 2017
- Distinction LLM LPM from the University of Law in Guildford
- First Class LLB (Hons) Law Degree from the University of Reading