Personal, friendly service aimed at providing bespoke solutions.
Aptitude for a joint professionals approach working with accountants and financial advisers
Areas of Expertise
- Trusts and estates
- Lifetime Inheritance Tax planning
- Income and Capital Gains Tax
- Deed of Variation
Recent Work Includes
- Acting for the Trustees of a Bare Trust in relation to a Capital Gains Tax enquiry by HMRC which centered around the distinction between legal and beneficial ownership
- Advising a number of clients regarding the establishment of second property trusts to hold holiday homes
- Advising client on claim to main residence relief and let property exemption from Capital Gains Tax on disposal of former residence
- Advising separated couple on the remaining availability of spouse exemption from Inheritance Tax for Will planning.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Over 25 years of experience
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Association of Taxation Technicians (Distinction)