Our personal insolvency solicitors can advise and assist you at all stages of insolvency proceedings in the UK, whether a statutory demand has been received and proceedings are yet to be commenced, a Bankruptcy Petition has been presented at Court and proceedings are ongoing or a Bankruptcy Order or a Personal Insolvency Agreement has been obtained and you wish to challenge this.
We specialise in acting on behalf of individuals in such circumstances and also act for creditors seeking to recover sums of money.
We are able to provide assistance to individuals in the full range of insolvency disputes. Below are examples of our areas of expertise:-
- Advising individuals in defending or making bankruptcy proceedings so to devise the most appropriate and tailored strategy.
- Personal Insolvency Agreements.
- Issuing statutory demands
- Defending Statutory Demands received i.e. applying to set them aside.
- Defending Bankruptcy Petitions presented at Court by seeking adjournments of the Petition so to dispute the underlying debt, with a view to ultimately seeking the Petition’s dismissal and avoiding a bankruptcy order.
- Negotiating with creditors with a view of resolving the matter and avoiding or resolving insolvency proceedings.
- Advising on the risks presented by insolvency action, including the duties, responsibilities and restrictions placed a client them should they be made bankrupt.
- Advising on what proactive voluntary steps can be taken by individuals when they are struggling financially e.g. entering Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA’s). It is often more beneficial to enter an IVA than to be made bankrupt by way of a Court Order.
- Advising on possible counterclaims and offset claims, which may reduce or remove debts owed and therefore avoid insolvency proceedings.
- Advising on and preparing Injunctions e.g. to prevent a creditor from taking certain actions.
- Advising on and preparing annulments of Bankruptcy Orders i.e. applying to set aside Bankruptcy Orders.
- Assisting with the arranging of individual’s affairs so to plan for the future.
- Assisting members of Partnerships and LLP’s in regards to insolvency concerns they may have and to understand their potential liability.
Seeking timely advice in regard to insolvency issues is vitally important, due to the risks and consequences associated with being made bankrupt.
We understand how difficult insolvency situations can be and our personal insolvency solicitors will seek to resolve matters for you as quickly and effectively as possible.
Senior Associate Solicitor and Head of Insolvency & Business RecoveryView All Experts
Partner, Solicitor & Head of Business ServicesView All Experts
William Fox Bregman
Partner, Solicitor & Head of Banking and Finance LitigationView All Experts
Partner & SolicitorView All Experts
Associate SolicitorView All Experts
Senior Associate SolicitorView All Experts
ParalegalView All Experts
Personal AssistantView All Experts