Known for being personable and pragmatic, I am solution focused and work with clients to reach a fair outcome through negotiation where possible. As a member of Resolution, I am committed to dealing with matters in a non-confrontational manner insofar as circumstances allow. When required I will not hesitate to use my skills as a litigator to lead clients through the court processes and work with them to achieve the best outcome.
My priority is to support and guide my clients through the legal processes by providing them with constructive and straightforward legal advice.
Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of divorce and civil partnership dissolutions
- Financial disputes on relationship breakdown, i.e. between spouses/ civil partners/ unmarried couples (i.e. cohabitee disputes)
- Disputes involving children including access, contact arrangements, other specific issues such as holidays
- Presenting and defending applications for Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders (i.e. injunction applications to the Court to prevent harassment and domestic abuse)
- Issues over child support and capital provision for children
- Cohabitation agreements
I have assisted with the following cases:
- Acting for a client in divorce proceedings which involved forensic examination of a family company to achieve an accurate valuation and fair division of the business.
- Acting for a wife of a professional footballer with a very large salary but short career.
- A protracted children dispute based on serious allegations against a client which were unfounded.
Alongside my own matters I assist partners, Deborah Leask and Katie Taft, in various aspects of their work to include divorce, children matters and financial settlements. Most of my work involves matters with some degree of complexity for example, family businesses and pensions.
I trained with Ellis Jones and gained useful experience that I can draw upon for my cases from time spent with the firm’s Business Services, Banking & Finance Litigation and Commercial & Residential Property teams.
- Acting for a client in financial proceedings which involved forensic examination of a family company to achieve an accurate valuation and fair division of the business.
- Representing clients in cases involving valuable NHS, Armed Forces and other final salary (defined benefit) pensions.
- Settling cohabitee property disputes, avoiding the need for protracted and expensive litigation.
- Acting for a client in a protracted children dispute based on serious allegations which were unfounded.
- Obtaining an injunction to protect a client from further domestic violence and abuse
- Representing a client in an emergency application to protect the children, i.e. a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the children being removed from the client’s care
- Assisting on a matter for a wife of a professional footballer with a very large salary but short career.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2017
- Law with Criminology LLB (2:1)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law Guildford
- Former Social Events Officer (2018-19) and Secretary (2019-20) of Bournemouth JLD
- Member of Resolution
- Regional Liaison Committee Representative for Dorset Resolution
- Founding member of Dorset YRes
Client feedback includes : – ‘Lauren was professional, informative, understanding and sympathetic throughout and I can highly recommend her to anyone who needs her services.’