I am solution focused and work with clients to reach a settlement through negotiation where possible. I endeavour to support and guide clients through the legal processes with constructive and straightforward legal advice.
Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of divorce
- Financial disputes between spouses/ civil partners/ unmarried couples
- Disputes involving children
- Issues over child support and capital provision for children
I predominantly assist partners, Deborah Leask and Sean McNally, in all aspects of their work to include divorce, children matters and financial settlements. Most of my work involves matters with some degree of complexity for example, family businesses and pensions. I assist Deborah and Sean in matters which are litigated and also those which are negotiated without court proceedings.
During the course of my training contract at Ellis Jones, I also gained experience in the following areas:
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Business Services
- Commercial & Residential Property
Knowledge and experience in these areas has been useful in my work as a family lawyer
I have assisted with the following cases:
- Acting for a client in divorce proceedings which involved forensic examination of a family company to achieve an accurate valuation and fair division of the business.
- Acting for a wife of a professional footballer with a very large salary but short career.
- A protracted children dispute based on serious allegations against a client which were unfounded.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2017
- Law with Criminology LLB (2:1)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law Guildford (Commendation)