I have a professional and proactive approach to my work. I am personable and endeavor to build a trusting relationship with all my clients. Helping my clients to achieve a fair outcome, through negotiation where possible is my primary goal.
As a member of the Resolution, I am committed to working with my clients to resolve their issues in a constructive and cost effective way and at all times upholding the Resolution Code of Practice. I am also empathetic to each client’s circumstances, as I understand that often clients seek our help at a time when they are emotional and anxious.
Alongside my own matters, I assist partners of the Matrimonial Department, Deborah Leask, Katie Taft and Sean McNally in all aspects of their work to include divorce, children matters, child abduction and financial settlements.
Areas of Expertise
• All aspects of divorce and civil partnership dissolution
• Financial disputes arising from relationship breakdown
• Disputes involving children including access, contact, choice of school, relocation and holidays
• Emergency Applications to protect children e.g. preventing them from being taken abroad
• Emergency Applications relating to Domestic Violence
• Relocation of Children inside and outside of England
• Child Abduction
My Route to Ellis Jones
I joined Ellis Jones in August 2016 as a legal placement student, working in various departments of the Firm as part of my Law degree. Following this, I was employed as a Paralegal, working part-time whilst I completed my Law degree and subsequently the Legal Practice Course with Masters at the University of Law. Ellis Jones has always been very supportive throughout my studies. In September 2019, I commenced my Training Contract with the Firm, during which I trained in the Family Department for 9 months, Banking & Finance Department and Employment Department. My interest and passion has always been in Family Law and I was lucky enough to qualify into the Family Department in March 2021.
• Admitted as a Solicitor in March 2021
• Member of the Resolution and YRes (2020)
• Member of Bournemouth & District JLD and Law Society (2019)
• LLM in Professional Legal Practice (Distinction) – University of Law (2019)
• Legal Practice Course (Distinction) – University of Law (2019)
• LLB (Hons) Law Degree (2:1) – Bournemouth University (2018)