I believe in advising clients on realistic outcomes to their dispute and then working together to achieve early settlement. I have a thorough, empathetic and considered approach to a client’s case.
Areas of Expertise
- All forms of commercial and residential landlord and tenant leasehold property disputes
- Commercial business lease renewals
- Termination of tenancies
- Trespass to land
- Easements (including rights of way, rights to light etc)
- Adverse possession claims
- Boundary disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Nuisance claims
- Contractual disputes
- Negligence claims
Recent Work Includes
- Acting for the residents’ association of a large estate in an application to vary historic restrictive freehold covenants
- Acting for the management company of a large block of flats in relation to variation of leases, service charge disputes and rent arrears
- Acting for residential leaseholders in applications to purchase the freehold, extensions of leases and management of their property.
- Advising commercial landlords and tenants in relation to rent and service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, termination and possession claims to include forfeiture, break notices, claims against guarantors or former tenants
- Advising on a large number of boundary disputes
- Advising in relation to all aspects of property ownership to include rights of way and rights to light, trespass and nuisance claims, adverse possession claims, enforcing or varying restrictive covenants
- Commercial and private contractual disputes
- Negligence claims including professional negligence cases.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in November 1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation.
Donna Stevens explained all legal technicalities and terms in a manner I could understand, I felt they did all they could to help. I would recommend using the firm to anyone!Mr Deacon
We are very grateful to Donna Stevens for her advice and counsel. Her calm manner inspired confidence and her good humour helped us through some challenging times.Mr Brook