I have a friendly, empathetic, common-sense approach, particularly in dealing with sensitive issues. I am very approachable and supportive, particularly in connection with elderly client work.
Areas of Expertise
- Management of Financial Affairs
- Arranging care at home and care funding
- Court of Protection Deputyship applications
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directive (Living Wills)
Recent Work Includes
- Working closely with the Care Sector and Social Workers to achieve best outcome for Client suffering from loss of mental capacity to ensure best interests of Client achieved.
- Assisting an elderly Client with the management of her financial affairs and arranging care at home following her stroke and hospitalization, whilst liaising with the remaining family member who was elderly and not living locally. The family member commented that “it was not only a pleasure, but also a huge relief to me, to speak to you this morning”.
- Raising with Office of the Public Guardian Safeguarding Team an issue in connection with whether an Attorney was acting in the best interests of the Client following concerns raised by the family.
- Involvement in a recent Professional Deputy Review carried out by the Office of the Public Guardian which confirmed that they were satisfied that the firm were effectively managing their Deputyship matters in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Professional Deputy Standards.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in June 2007
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Previous Associate Member of Institute of Legal Cashiers
- Commisioner for Oaths