I am a fertility lawyer with over a decade of experience in this niche and rewarding field. Having found a passion for this specialist area during my law degree, I went on to dedicate my whole career to it. I am proud to have had my work ranked and recognised by Legal 500, been involved in numerous published cases, written various academic articles and to have been interviewed multiple times in the media on topical cases and debate.
I am known for my personable nature and my ability to break down complex legal issues into clear pragmatic solutions. I hope that the genuine passion I have for helping clients build their families in non-traditional ways shines through in my approach and the work I do.
Areas of Expertise
My fertility law practice broadly encompasses:
Including UK and international arrangements and the associated initial/ongoing advice and assistance with applying for and obtaining a parental order (or alternative legal solution). I also advise on the nationality and immigration aspects of overseas surrogacy.
Including couples and singles conceiving with donor gametes and the associated initial/ongoing advice and preparing written agreements. I also advise on gamete storage/consent issues.
Including initial/ongoing advice and preparing written agreements. I also advise on disputes between co-parents.
Including UK and international arrangements and the associated initial/ongoing advice and assistance with applying for and obtaining an adoption order (or alternative legal solution). I also advise on step-parent adoption and the nationality/immigrations aspects of overseas adoption.
I prepare Wills for the majority of my clients in order to bridge the legal gaps and protect their wishes in terms of inheritance and guardianship for their children.
Recent Work Includes
- Representing British parents living in the Middle East and successfully obtaining parental orders in two separate High Court applications for their children born in the USA via surrogacy.
- Advising foreign intended parents on their ability to acquire parental status under English law following a UK surrogacy arrangement.
- Advising British intended parents living in Asia on their ability to adopt internationally and acquire parental status and British nationality for their adopted child under English law.
- Representing a single intended parent to acquire parental status for her child born via surrogacy, where a parental order was not available.
- Providing an in-depth expert report for legal proceedings on UK surrogacy law provisions.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in March 2013
- LLB (Hons) Law (Bournemouth University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Bournemouth University)
- Ranked by Legal 500