Online Payment FAQ
Receiving Funds – Frequently Asked Questions
What ways can you provide us with funds?
- By cheque. (Makes cheques payable to “Ellis Jones Solicitors LLP”)
- By internet banking/bank transfer (please contact us to obtain our bank information)
- Cash up to a maximum of £400. It is the LLP’s policy to only accept cash from clients or third parties up to £400. If you try to avoid this policy by depositing cash directly with our bank, we may decide to charge you for any additional checks we decide are necessary to prove the source of the funds
- By credit or debit card. Please see options below and FAQ’s below. Please quote our reference in card transactions. Please note that you cannot use a credit card towards part payment of a deposit or the purchase price of a property. You can pay by debit or credit card as follows:
- Online at www.ellisjones.co.uk/pay (Please see FAQ’s below)
- By phone. Please call 01202 525333 with your card to hand.
- In person by attending, with your card, at 302 Charminster Road, Bournemouth Dorset, BH8 9RU to make a payment manually.
Is there a limit on the amount that can be paid by debit or credit card?
- No. We do not limit the amount which can be paid to us by debit or credit card, however the card issuer may have a limit on single or daily transactions.
How long does it take for funds to clear?
- At present it is taking 4-5 working days for card payments to clear. We cannot use the funds until they have cleared. If funds are needed sooner you should consider using internet banking to transfer the money as this is faster.
What can I pay online?
- Online Payments can be used for a variety of payments including:
- Paying our invoices
- Money on account of our fees
- Money on account of disbursements
- Settlement monies in dispute/employment cases;
- Debt collection payments.
This list is not exhaustive, if you have any queries about a particular payment please contact our Accounts Department on 01202 525333.
As stated above, we cannot accept credit card payments for any part of the consideration of the purchase prices of a property transaction.
Does paying online attract any fees?
There is no fee for using a debit or credit card.
What cards can be used online?
- Please note that we do not accept American Express or Diners cards.
Purpose of online payments?
- This facility provides more flexibility to for paying invoices, debts or providing monies on account. Payments are able to be made 24 hours a day.