01202 525333
Make An Enquiry

Appeals from the Crown Court

If your case was dealt with in the Crown Court, you may be able to appeal against conviction or sentence or both to the Court of Appeal.

However, in order to appeal to the Court of Appeal, you must first obtain permission. You must request permission to appeal within 28 days of conviction or sentence.

You are only able to appeal against conviction if the conviction is “unsafe”. A conviction can be deemed unsafe for a variety of reasons including an error in law, a material procedural error during trial or in light of new evidence in support of your case.

You are only able to appeal against sentence if it is wrong in law or deemed manifestly excessive.

If you wish to appeal against your conviction or sentence and would like to discuss your options and obtain legal advice, please contact our legal experts to arrange a reduced fee initial meeting.

Need Advice?
Our Calculators

We have a number of calculators designed to help you get the information you need.
For more details, choose one of the links below.