Start-up Business, Structure and Organisation
Our corporate lawyers have the experience and expertise to assist you with everything from forming a new company or start up, to buying or selling a multi-million pound business.
We have a great deal of experience in preparing and advising on shareholder agreements (and partnership agreements). Shareholder agreements are essential where more than one individual owns a share in a company – they can cover issues such as how shares can be bought and sold, who has the power to make certain decisions and what happens if a shareholder dies.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising companies in respect of new investors taking a minority share in the company in the property, retail, technology and engineering sectors;
- Updating articles of association to cover various issues such share classes and pre-emption rights.
- Joint venture agreements in various sectors;
- The buy back of shares by a number of companies;
- Dividends in specie (transferring shares in a subsidiary to the shareholders of the parent company as dividends in specie);
- Restructuring the ownership of companies to create group structures;
- Share freezing/flowering schemes; and
- Project development agreements.
Our team offer a free, no obligation meeting to discuss your business and legal requirements further.