Road Traffic Offences Prices
Each case is different. Please email us or call 01202 525333 and we will give you an estimate or fixed fee based on the circumstances of your individual case. The example below is in relation to certain offences where you have entered a guilty plea.
Drink driving offence, drug driving and speeding, guilty plea – fixed fee £1,000 - £1,200 plus VAT.
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court (the fixed fee may vary depending on the location of the court)
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witness
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing or an exceptional hardship hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, and will be charged at £240 plus VAT per hour).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Fees in other cases
We have the expertise to represent you in relation to not guilty pleas and other types of contested cases in relation to the full range of criminal offences. Each case is different. Please email us or call 01202 525333 and we will give you an estimate based on the circumstances of your individual case.