Corporate & Partnership Disputes
We understand how disruptive and damaging a dispute within your business can be. That is why we seek to resolve such disputes quickly and effectively.
We regularly advise companies, partnerships, LLPs, directors, shareholders, partners and members on all types of business disputes. We combine the law with practical and economical advice, to assist our clients in achieving the best possible result, as quickly as possible.
Examples of the disputes that we are frequently involved in include:
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims for and against directors and partners
- Disputes regarding directors remuneration
- Breach of shareholder agreements
- Breach of partnership agreement
- Breach of sale and purchase agreements/warranties
- Unfair prejudice claims for and against minority shareholders
- Breach of a company’s memorandum and articles
- Fraudulent and wrongful trading
- Conflicts of interest
- Insolvency disputes
- Bringing and defending derivative actions
- Misfeasance disputes and claims against directors for disqualification
- Director and partner breach of covenant claims
- Partnership disputes arising from a dissolution
- All other claims under the Companies Act 2006
- All other disputes relating to the Partnership Act 1890
We recently acted in a dispute between two directors/shareholders of a large company, which threatened to damage it beyond repair. We swiftly negotiated a settlement, resulting in the other side leaving the company, which has enabled it to recover and prosper.