01202 525333
Make An Enquiry

Children Moving Abroad

Following relationship break down, one parent may want to relocate their children to either another Country or another area of England or Wales. However, children cannot be moved without the agreement of the other parent or permission of the Court.

In the case of removal to another Country (including Scotland or Ireland) a parent will make an application for “Leave to Remove” the child(ren) abroad. In the case of relocation within England and Wales an application will be made for a Specific Issue Order.

Given the significant consequences of either successfully making or defending an application of this type, parents will require highly specialist legal advice. We have considerable experience in this field having successfully represented a number of Applicant and Respondent parents. We recently successfully represented an applicant mother in her application to remove her child in the leading Court of Appeal case Re F (A Child) [2012[ EWCA Civ 1364.

Our specialist knowledge in the field of the International Movement of Children and Child Abduction enables us to advise on not only the prospects of success of each application but also the practical and legal implications of relocation.

Need Advice?
Our Calculators

We have a number of calculators designed to help you get the information you need.
For more details, choose one of the links below.