Care Homes and Health and Social Care
We have a highly skilled team of specialist Care Home solicitors and commercial solicitors who have a passion to support care providers in running efficient and compliant businesses.
We are all living longer and over a quarter of our population is now aged over 65. The care sector has grown at the same rate with an increased development of specialist homes and the explosion of domiciliary care at home. This presents considerable commercial opportunities. However, there is an ever increasing regulatory and compliance burden, making the need for specialist commercial legal advice all the more important.
Specialist Care Home solicitor Neil Cook leads the Care Team. Neil is not only an experienced commercial solicitor, but he has also owned and run a Care Home giving him the benefit of personal expertise and knowledge of the legal issues and day to day challenges which face Care Home owners including dealing with Care Home fees
Our Care Home Team is able to provide concise, comprehensive, practical advice; starting with assistance in the identification and buying of a Care Home, guiding you through the regulatory maze during your ownership and, ultimately, assisting in your exit from the sector.
Our Care Team can also advise other businesses in the healthcare sector including GP practices, dental practices, pharmacies, children’s nursery businesses and rehabilitation operators.
Our Care Home solicitor legal services include:
- CQC registration amendments
- CQC applications
- Regulatory advice and assistance with CQC and local authority issues
- Challenging claims and CQC inspections reports,
- Challenging cancellations and suspensions of CQC registrations;
- Buying and selling of Care Homes including due diligence
- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty applications;
- Care Home employment legal advice;
- Adult safeguarding advice;
- Data protection advice
- Commercial property advice
- Dispute resolution including debt collection.
Our Care Home solicitors would be pleased to discuss your business and your legal requirements further. For more information please contact us.