Boundary and Ownership
Whether you own the freehold or leasehold of your property, you enjoy certain rights to use your property as you wish. Conversely, you will also be subject to certain obligations towards your neighbours.
Disputes involving your home can be extremely stressful. From experience we know that these disputes can, unless managed well, become disproportionate to the issues involved. With that in mind, wherever possible we will help you to resolve any issues with your neighbour by negotiation, mediation or arbitration. Of course, there are occasions when settlement may not be possible. So, if litigation does become unavoidable, our experienced property dispute lawyers can guide you through the civil court or tribunal processes, working with you at every stage.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Boundary disputes
- Easements (rights of way, rights to light)
- Adverse possession claims
- Dealing with trespassers or squatters
- Restrictive covenants (restrictions on the use of your property)
- Nuisance claims
- Co-ownership disputes
- Breaches of leasehold covenants
- Party Wall Act Disputes (for when you are carrying out work on or close to the boundary)