01202 525333
Make An Enquiry

Appeals from the Magistrates Court

If your case was dealt with in the Magistrates Court, you can always appeal to the Crown Court against conviction or sentence. In deciding whether to allow your appeal, the Magistrates together with a Judge will consider you case afresh, right from the beginning.

There is a strict 21 day deadline for you to appeal against conviction or sentence. Unreasonable delay is likely to affect the Crown Court’s decision to allow you to make the appeal.

The appeal would be a retrial before a different set of Magistrates and a Judge at the Crown Court.

If having appealed to the Crown Court, if still dissatisfied with your conviction or sentence, you could go the Court of Appeal, subject to having permission to do so from a High Court Judge.

If you wish to appeal against your conviction or sentence and would like to discuss your options and obtain legal advice, please contact our legal experts to arrange a reduced fee initial meeting.

Need Advice?
Our Calculators

We have a number of calculators designed to help you get the information you need.
For more details, choose one of the links below.