I am a solicitor in our family team, having started as a work placement student in 2012. I subsequently trained with Ellis Jones and I qualified in March 2019. I share my time between our Bournemouth and London offices.
I am building a practice in all of areas of private practice family law; with a particular interest in family finance and international child abduction and relocation.
I strive to deliver an effective and pragmatic service to all my clients. I am very approachable and take a sympathetic approach in order to progress matters quickly and minimise acrimony and costs as much as possible. I can see things from both parties point of view to assist with resolving matters in a constructive and non-confrontational matter.
Areas of Expertise
I advise on all aspects of divorce and civil partnership dissolution. This often entails resolving ancillary issues related to the matrimonial finances including disputes about property, business ownership, pensions and maintenance.
I also regularly act for parents with disputes involving children. I have experience in handling issues involving disputed paternity, who a child should live with, contact (including parents who live abroad), choice of school, relocation (within the UK and abroad) and holidays. This includes making emergency applications to protect children where there are concerns of abduction or their removal from the UK without the other parent’s consent.
In international child matters, I have experience in acting for parents in international relocation cases and for parents who live abroad and wish to spend time with their child who lives in England. I have a niche children law specialism in child abduction and have handled child abduction cases involving a number of different countries including Australia, America, Israel, Poland, Belgium, Malta, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Latvia, Czech Republic, Spain, Northern Ireland, Macedonia, Cyprus, Germany, Norway, Lithuania and Greece. I have been a number of leading cases in international child abduction. Specifically, Re F (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1364, FM (A Child)  EWCA Civ 189, Re C (Children)  UKSC 8 and Re NY (a Child)  UKSC 49
I also deal with cases concerning domestic violence and cohabitation disputes.
Recent Work Includes
- Acting for a father in the High Court in relation to the abduction of his two children from Malta to England and achieving an order for their return.
- Successfully representing both a mother and a father in an application for their child to live with them
- Successfully representing a client who had been subjected to allegations of sexual abuse towards his child and obtaining a comprehensive Court Order for contact.
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in January 2019
- Qualified as a Solicitor in March 2019
- LLB (Hons) Law Degree (1st)
- Master of Laws in Professional Legal Practice with Distinction
- Founding Member of the Child Abduction Lawyers Association
- General Committee Member of the Bournemouth Junior Lawyers Division
- Founding Member of the Dorset YRes Group
- Communication and Publicity Officer and Joint Memberships Officer for Dorset Resolution