Wills, Trusts & Probate
I am often the first point of contact for trustees and beneficiaries of a variety of trust matters and aim to answer all enquiries as promptly as possible.
Areas of Expertise
- Trust Management and Administration
- Charitable Trusts
- Discretionary Trusts
- Life Interest Trusts
- Declarations of Trust
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Obtaining Grant of Probate
Recent Work Includes
- Advising trustees on trust documentation including; deeds of appointment and retirement where trustees wish to be replaced and assignment of beneficial interests under a trust.
- Assisting in the administration of Charitable Trusts, including reporting to the Charities Commission and tax reclaims to HMRC
- Advising on the ongoing management of a multi-million pound Personal Injury Settlement Trust.
- Advising on Discretionary and Life Interest Trusts established under a Will.
- Preparation of 10 year anniversary Inheritance Tax returns on Discretionary and other Relevant Property Trusts.
- Advising on Deeds of Variation as a tax planning measure for generations of the same family.
- Drafting Assisted Purchase Property trusts to enable parents to lend money to their children when purchasing property with another individual
Professional Associations and Qualifications
- 1st LLB Honors degree Bournemouth University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction) Bournemouth University
- Qualified as Solicitor in September 2015
I have been using Ellis Jones Solicitors for some years now. I have used them both in a business and personal capacity!! What is great about this firm is that not only are they local to me but they offer specialists in every area of law.
Theresa Mills is my main contact working in Wills, Trusts and Probate. Theresa in my opinion is exceptional at her job. She is professional, incredibly knowledgeable, thorough and very caring in her approach!! She explains everything with complete clarity and always gives a price up front! For these reasons I have developed a wonderful relationship with her and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending her!!Melonie Brook