I believe in advising clients on realistic outcomes to their dispute and then working together to achieve early settlement. I have a thorough, empathetic and considered approach to a client’s case.
Areas of Expertise
- All forms of commercial and residential landlord and tenant leasehold property disputes
- Commercial business lease renewals
- Termination of tenancies
- Trespass to land
- Easements (including rights of way, rights to light etc)
- Adverse possession claims
- Boundary disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Nuisance claims
- Contractual disputes
- Negligence claims
Recent Work Includes
- Acting for the residents’ association of a large estate in an application to vary historic restrictive freehold covenants
- Acting for the management company of a large block of flats in relation to variation of leases, service charge disputes and rent arrears
- Acting for residential leaseholders in applications to purchase the freehold, extensions of leases and management of their property.
- Advising commercial landlords and tenants in relation to rent and service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, termination and possession claims to include forfeiture, break notices, claims against guarantors or former tenants
- Advising on a large number of boundary disputes
- Advising in relation to all aspects of property ownership to include rights of way and rights to light, trespass and nuisance claims, adverse possession claims, enforcing or varying restrictive covenants
- Commercial and private contractual disputes
- Negligence claims including professional negligence cases.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in November 1999
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Recommended Department by The Legal 500 (UK 2016) for Commercial Litigation.