With the benefit of many years experience in the Legal Profession covering numerous aspects of the Law, I have the ability to discuss matters directly with clients, potential clients and their advisers in other professions (e.g. accountants). My approach with clients is in an amiable way so as to instil confidence and peace of mind. In the main, I provide generic advice and pass the client to the appropriate Department of Ellis Jones Solicitors LLP.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial/Property, Business Transactions and Business Development in general, Care Homes, Public Houses, Dental and Medical Practices for example, plus Care Quality Commission (CQC) involvement.
- Particularly arising from Care Home transactions I became aware some 10 years ago of Clients entering into financial arrangements with their Banks to guarantee against interest rate rises on their mortgages.
- In so doing, I eventually ‘unearthed’ the mis-selling of derivatives/interest rate swaps which, in 2010 I raised with William Fox Bregman who now leads our Bank Litigation Team.
Recent Work Includes
- After many years of Residential Conveyancing, I specialised in Commercial Conveyancing to include in particular Care Homes, Pubs, Doctors Practices, Dentist Practices, Factories, Office Blocks and Farms. I also acted for Builders and my first project was dealing with a brand new Estate at Northover Park, Wareham, Dorset.
- Flotation of a new Property Holding Company Formation on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, The Hang Seng.
- High Street Bank Mis-selling.
- Complicated Probate matters. In particular, one minor probate case resulted in a major multi-million pound Estate, after I discovered fraud by a solicitor and an accountant.
- I studied science before Law and I believe it gave me the ability of applying a “Forensic Approach” to Legal Problems.
Experience, Professional Associations and Qualification
- Qualified as a solicitor in July 1970
- Science degree at Wolverhampton University
- Law Society finals at the University of Law, Guildford.