Furlough advice: the legal questions & queries around the furlough scheme.
As part of the response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Government introduced the Furlough scheme to help prevent job loss and mass redundancies. The scheme allows people to go on leave while staying on their company’s payroll.
With the complex and uncertain nature of the Furlough scheme, here are some top tips, legal advice and guidance on what to do and how to handle certain situations that surround being Furloughed.
- Updated Guidance on the Job Retention Scheme
- Furlough Scheme - Directors' Statutory Duties
- Furlough Scheme - Commission Payments
- What does it mean to be "Furloughed"?
- What does Furlough mean for employers?
- Important update on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Workers entitled to carry over unused annual leave
Lockdown laws: what can and can’t you do in the current climate?
With Government guidance constantly adapting and changing to flatten the curve, we’ve had to settle into the ‘new norm’ as we all begin to work remotely and abide by the lockdown rules.
Question is; how will lockdown affect our day-to-day lives both today and in the not too distant future?
Here are a few articles which detail what life looks like during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Impact of COVID-19: how will it affect your life, business and wider-world?
With the incredible amount of impact that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on businesses and law, what was already a complicated subject area has become that much more so.
From contracts and employment to investments and liquidation, here’s everything you need to know about changes in the legal world resulting from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Statutory Sick Pay Update
- Contracts in a Time of Coronavirus – Force majeure and Frustration
- Coronavirus: what are the options with Employees
- Making debts pay off the importance of debt recovery in an economic crisis
- Termination of Self Employed Contracts
- Coronavirus - Emergency time off for dependants
- Assistance for employers to stand behind their employees – job retention scheme
- Coronavirus - The impact on your investments
- Coronavirus - Impact on employment tribunal hearings
- COVID-19 - Company Liquidation and Personal Guarantees - Are You at Risk?
- What are your rights as an employee if your employer is forcing you to work in unsafe conditions?
- Holiday for business accounts
- Intended parents going through international surrogacy facing challenges due to COVID-19
- Settlement Agreements for employees during coronavirus
- Coronavirus and Commercial Property
- Suspension of possession proceedings announced by the government
- Banking and Finance Update - Coronavirus Mortgage Holidays
- IR35 delay due to COVID-19
- Insolvency rules relaxed as the impact of COVID-19 worsens
We are continuing to monitor information and guidance from the government and Public Health England about the Coronavirus. We will update this page on a regular basis.