Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
12 March 2020
03 April 2020
With the rapidly changing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to reassure you that we are still fully operational and able to provide all our legal services remotely to support you through these difficult times. In line with recent Government guidance our receptions have now closed, however we have a robust expert team working from home to provide our normal level of service online, via email, over the phone or via video conferencing.
You will still be able to contact us in the normal way. Contact telephone numbers or email addresses for all members of staff can be found under the 'Our Experts' section of our website or general numbers via the contact page.
We are regularly monitoring and adapting our procedures to ensure that we continue to look after the interests and safeguard the wellbeing of all of our clients, contacts and staff whilst ensuring we continue to provide you with an uninterrupted service.
We can also offer advice to assist with and mitigate the effect that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on individuals and businesses, across all our services. To help support you with these new challenges please find below some blogs that offer advice and practical guidance during this time:
- Statutory Sick Pay Update
- Contracts in a Time of Coronavirus – Force majeure and Frustration
- Coronavirus: what are the options with Employees
- Making debts pay off the importance of debt recovery in an economic crisis
- IR35 delay due to COVID-19
- Suspension of possession proceedings announced by the government
- Termination of Self Employed Contracts
- Banking and Finance Update - Coronavirus Mortgage Holidays
- Coronavirus - Emergency time off for dependants
- Assistance for employers to stand behind their employees – job retention scheme
- Coronavirus - The impact on your investments
- Coronavirus - Impact on employment tribunal hearings
- Coronavirus - for Better or Worse
- COVID-19 - Company Liquidation and Personal Guarantees - Are You at Risk?
- What are your rights as an employee if your employer is forcing you to work in unsafe conditions?
- Workers entitled to carry over unused annual leave
- Caring for horses during the COVID-19 lockdown
- Buying or Selling a House during the Stay-at-Home period.
- Holiday for business accounts
- Intended parents going through international surrogacy facing challenges due to COVID-19
- Insolvency rules relaxed as the impact of COVID-19 worsens
- Settlement Agreements for employees during coronavirus
- What does it mean to be "Furloughed"?
- What does Furlough mean for employers?
- Coronavirus and Commercial Property
For more advice on how we can support you please do not hesitate to call a member of our expert team on 01202 525333 or email Bournemouth@ellisjones.co.uk.
We are continuing to monitor information and guidance from the government and Public Health England about the Coronavirus. We will update this page on a regular basis.Back to Home