Areas of Law:
Corporate and commercial law; including the sale and purchase of companies and commercial contracts with a particular interest in IT, Technology and Software law.
Recent work includes:
- End User Licence Agreements (EULA) in respect of PC and Mobile software;
- Software as a Services (SaaS/SaS) licence agreements;
- IT services contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Share buy back agreements for both private and public limited companies;
- Asset Sales/Purchases including the following industries: performing arts, retail, professional services and estate agents.
- Share Sales/Purchases including the following industries: graphic design and production, electronics manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and food and drinks;
- A variety of shareholders agreements, articles of association, incorporations and routine company secretarial matters;
- Independent legal advice on personal guarantees and indemnities both from banks and in private arrangements.
To provide effective and focused jargon-free advice. I aim to get straight to the point in a clear, concise and commercial way. I am always monitoring legal technological advancements in order to take advantage of any systems and processes which improve the delivery of legal services by making it more efficient, accessible and transparent.
Professional Associations & Qualifications:
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL)
- Legal Practice Course from Cardiff University (Distinction)
- LLB Hons Law Degree from the University of the West of England (2:1)
Your Route to Ellis Jones:
Before commencing my training contract I worked for a top national firm on a variety of international disputes and cross border litigation. I trained with a Bournemouth firm of solicitors after which I worked in a large, top tier, international law firm advising senior directors and executives on complex and high value employment disputes. I joined Ellis Jones Solicitors in October 2013 as a corporate and commercial lawyer in Bournemouth. Commercial law has always been an area of great interest for me having a number of entrepreneurs and local business owners in my family running businesses in Ringwood, Bournemouth, Fordingbridge and Verwood.
I enjoy spending my time away from work with my family and young son. I am a keen sportsman playing in the local Bournemouth badminton league, mountain biking most weekends and running occasionally. I recently cycled from Bournemouth to Munich and completed my first marathon.