It’s a staggering fact that over 70% of the UK population do not have a current Will.
Making a Will creates certainty, reduces worry and gives you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how your money, property and possessions will be dealt with after your death.
A Will guides those who are left behind and saves worry and heartache at a time of great emotional stress.
Instructing one of the qualified and experienced professionals at Ellis Jones is the safest way to ensure that one of the most important documents that you will ever create has been prepared correctly. Most simple Wills can be completed inexpensively and can be drafted on a fixed fee.
Here are some of the advantages of having a valid Will:
- It avoids the lottery of the intestacy rules where a person dies without a valid Will (see our article on Intestacy)
- It usually allows your estate to be administered more easily
- Provision can be made and flexibility added, through the use of trusts. Trusts can be used to protect assets and/or provide for vulnerable people, for example those suffering from disability, going through divorce or bankruptcy (see our article on trusts)
- You can choose Guardians for your children
- You can choose people you trust to take care of your estate
- It can help you make effective decisions for Inheritance Tax Planning and reduce the tax payable on your estate (see our article on tax planning)
- You can advise your loved ones of your desired funeral arrangements
Our experienced Private Client Team can assist you with drafting your Will. You can call our team for a no obligation chat at the following offices:
Canford Cliffs: 01202 709898
Ringwood: 01425 484848
Swanage: 01929 422233
Or email us: email@example.com